Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Trial-Pink Floyd

The Trial-Pink Floyd



Good morning, the worm, your honour,
The crown will plainly show,
The prisoner who now stands before you,
Was caught red-handed showing feelings.
Showing feelings of an almost human nature.
This will not do.

Call the schoolmaster!

I always said hed come to no good,
In the end, your honour.
If theyd let me have my way,
I could have flayed him into shape.
But my hands were tied.
The bleeding hearts and artists,
Let him get away with murder.
Let me hammer him today.



Crazy.
Toys in the attic, I am crazy.
Truly gone fishing.
They must have taken my marbles away.
(crazy. toys in the attic, he is crazy.)

You little shit, youre in it now.
I hope they throw away the key.
You shouldve talked to me more often than you did.
But no! you had to go your own way.
Have you broken any homes up lately?
Just five minutes, worm, your honour,
Him and me alone.

Baaaaaabe!
Come to mother, baby.
Let me hold you in my arms.
Mlord, I never meant for him to get in any trouble.
Whyd he ever have to leave me?
Worm, your honour, let me take him home.



Crazy.
Over the rainbow, I am crazy.
Bars in the window.
There must have been a door there in the wall.
For when I came in. . .
(crazy. over the rainbow, he is crazy.)



The evidence before the court is incontravertible.
Theres no need for the jury to retire.
In all my years of judging I have never heard before,
Of someone more deserving of the full penalty of the law.
The way you made them suffer,
Your exquisite wife and mother,
Fills me with the urge to deficate! -- no, judge, the jury!
Since, my friend, you have revealed your deepest fear,
I sentence you to be exposed before your peers.
Tear down the wall!


Δεν θέλω να σχολιάσω το τραγούδι, δεν θέλω να σχολιάσω τους Pink Floyd. Δεν θέλω καν να σκεφτώ το λόγω αυτού του post. Είναι ένα απο τα τραγούδια των Pink Floyd που δεν σου αφήνει την αίσθηση που σου αφήνουν κάποια άλλα όπως το Comfortably Numb, Wish You Were Here ή Shine On You Crazy Diamond αλλά είναι ένα απο τα αγαπημένα μου. Ίσως να είναι ο τίτλος, το περιεχόμενο ή απλά ο τρόπος εκτέλεσης... Δεν ξέρω και δεν με νοιάζει τι είναι αυτό ακριβως που με κάνει να μου αρέσει τόσο πολύ. Είναι απλά υπέροχο...

6 Comments:

Blogger thegypsy said...

Το The Raven!!!! Τραγουδάρα!!!
Είχα ανατριχιάσει την πρώτη φορά που το άκουσα και τώρα που το ανέφερες θα είναι στα υπόψη για μελλοντικό post ;););)
(Κ)

8:42 PM  
Blogger Dark_Morpheus said...

Το The Trial είναι όντως το πιο θεατρικό κομμάτι των Pink Floyd κι ένα από τα αγαπημένα μου στον δίσκο, με τα πρωτεία να κατέχει το Comfortably Numb !!!Δεν νομίζω ότι μπορείς να ξεχωρίσεις κάποιο σημείο από το κομμάτι...΄Ολες οι φωνές είναι τέλειες, οι στίχοι τέλειοι, η μουσική τέλεια, η εκτέλεση τέλεια...

9:22 PM  
Blogger Clowd said...

Μ' έκανες να βάλω υπενθύμιση και να ψάξω στους δίκους τους παλιούς....
Μ' αρέσει όμως!
Καλησπέρα

5:39 PM  
Blogger Purple Overdose said...

I love it...

4:16 AM  
Blogger ralou said...

Δηλαδή θες να πεις ότι δεν είσαι από τα νέα κορίτσια που χαρακτηρίζουν την μουσική των Pink Floyd "elevator music";
Γιατί το άκουσα κι αυτό προσφατα και κόντεψα να μείνω ξερή!

3:35 PM  
Blogger thegypsy said...

Dark Morpheus:Συμφωνώ απόλυτα! Roger Waters είναι αυτός:P

Clowd:Μακάρι να το ξανακαταφέρω αυτό :)

Sigmataf: ;)

Purple Overdose: I love your post as well:P

Ralou: Γλυκιά μου Ραλού, για να είμαι ειλικρινής δεν μπορώ να καταλάβω ακριβώς τι σημαίνει ο όρος... Δεν μπορεί να σημαίνει ανεβαστική μουσική,εξυψωτική ίσως. Για να έμεινες εσύ ξερή καλό δε θα ήταν αλλά όντως οι Pink Floyd με κάνουν να ανατριχιάζω και να ταξιδεύω... Φιλάκια πολλά

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home